Sunday, September 4, 2011

IT'S ALL ABOUT BEING ON THE WATER




For those of you who have known me even for a short time know that for me, it's all about being on the water. While these last few years rowing has occupied a large percent of that activity, there was a time when fishing was the sport of my passion. I had the opportunity to return to the roots of my earlier love affair by traveling to the Miramichi River last week in search of the king of all fresh water preys, the Atlantic Salmon. They say it takes 1,000 case to hook up and land your first salmon and I must agree with that accessment. Shot on top is a hook up of a very large fish. Shot on bottom is a baby grilse which is the definition of any salmon under 8-10lbs. Of course RnR gear is front and center. Only 3 hours north of Houlton Maine, you thought I was in another world. Eagles, geese formations, moose and deer surrounded a pristine water shed that is nurtured and protected to sustain these incredible fish for generations to come. The whole experience got me "hooked" on trying it again. Do I hear a fishing trip in RnR's future?

No comments:

Post a Comment