Wednesday, November 23, 2011

BRIANS REQUEST ABOUT THE ERG "PART 2"

FRANK TUESDAY 7:16PM
So far, we have Dave, Loretta, Brian, Pal, and Frank who have expressed interest. Edward and Henry, are you interested? We all need to have or have access to a rowing machine, our own data log card, a computer with internet access, and a cable to attach the Concept 2 to the computer. Using the first link below, create an ID for yourself. We would need to “Create a Team” which requires a “Team Captain” – anyone volunteer? The teams seem to be associated with “Challenges”, but I think once we form a team we can keep its identity. I am “Frank Kashner”. If each of you, and anyone else who is interested, creates an account, we can then create the team. - Frank
DAVE WEDNESDAY 10:22AM
Ok, I've looked into this. We cannot form a virtual rowing team until Jan 1, 2012.

Instead, I propose we all do the Holiday Challenge on concept2.com. The Holiday Challenge runs from Nov 24 - Dec 24. The challenge is to row over 100,000 meters in a month. If you row 100,000 meters during that time, Concept2 donates $.02 for each 1,000 meters to your choice of three charities. And each 1,000 meters *over* 100,000 meters, counts for $.04.

Full details are here:
http://www.concept2.com/us/motivation/challenges/individual/holchal.asp

It's an individual challenge. But if we all do it as an informal group we could make a press release out of it (ie. "Marblehead Rowing Club Raises X Amount of Dollars for Charity"). That would read well in the Marblehead Reporter.

I did this challenge last year. It's a great motivator. Anyone else interested?

JAY PARIS WEDNESDAY 11:01
I like your idea a lot and suggest that the club find 10 rowers to erg a million meters. What a great press release that would be.

Erging at a very leisurely pace of 5 minutes per thousand meters means you can row 8,000 meters in 40 minutes. Do that 13 times in a month and that's over 100,000. Less than every other day. I'm in - so what do we need- five more to help a charity and make big news in our hometown once again?
Sent from my iPhone

BRIAN WEDNESDAY 11:09
I'm in. (Though my total may be affected by how late in December the baby arrives.)
Brian

FRANK 11:18AM
I’m in.

JACK WEDNESDAY 11:38AM
Are you just going to row or try to raise some funds? If so to for whom and how. IE Pledge per meter rowed or making to the millions as a group?
Lastly, I have a water rower not an Erg. Can I still Play?

HENRY WEDNESDAY 11:39AM
You can surely count my meters.
Henry L.

KAREN P WEDNESDAY 11:47AM
I'd be interested in participating but not till after the first of the year due to health issues.
Karen Peake

SCOTT O WEDNESDAY 12:14PM
Having rowed so little this summer, I will borrow/buy my brother-in-laws's Erg. So count me in!
Scott W. Olson

PAL WEDNESDAY 12:15PM
Yes, I can do

PAN WEDNESDAY 12:22PM
Jack, the Concept 2 people have a short list they contribute the money to -- VT hurricane relief fund and the, the Red Cross relief, and Unicef relief . As long as you row indoors, it is fine.
indoor rower and SkiErg meters only (no on water/on snow meters please). You can combine meters from each machine to reach the challenge goal

GAIL WEDNESDAY 1:15PM
If anyone knows of a used Erg for sale, let me know and I would join the team...

2 comments:

  1. Hi All -- you do not need to have an internet connected Erg to do this. Manually reporting your time and meters is possible if your machine has a P1 or P2 rowing counter. Also, the Y machines have P3 counters. They have slots for the SD cards to record your workout. If you want, you can order cards at the C2 site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great website with interesting and unique material what else would you need. briansclub cards

    ReplyDelete