Friday, June 29, 2012

KIM WALLER CHECKS IN FROM OSLO, NORWAY

(LISTED BELOW IS AN E-MAIL FROM ONE OF RNR'S FAITHFUL WHO IS IN NORWAY AND FOUND A PLACE TO ROW)

Hey Guys and Em,


I hope all is well. We are in Norway now and I went rowing on a gorgeous lake just outside of Oslo this morning!!!! It was exhilarating! As you are aware I am not familiar with racing boats and for the first few minutes I felt like I was hanging on a thin thread over the abyss .... then I started to reach some balance... it was crazy! So much fun- thanks for the tips Jack I clutched onto your words like a mantra-- at one point I let go of one oar and almost took a digger but I think yoga saved me and I quickly latched back onto the oar and understood the oar-boat-balance... all this with foreign on-lookers asking-- 'you have rowed before right?'

Then I did not shame RnR and rowed up and down the lake with more ease - willing my fear away...I went for a 40 minute row in the rain. It was thrilling. I never would have had the experience without Rock n Row! THANKS guys!

Here is a link to the club in Norway: http://www.christiania-roklub.no/ They have a boat house on the Fjord/ ocean built in 1878 and in the summer they retreat to the lake to escape the boat traffic - then they row back on the ocean in the winter-- the only thing that stops them is ice in the ocean!

See you soon-- going sailing down the Norwegian coast with some friends and then heading back around the 10th of July.

Abrazos,

Kimberly




No comments:

Post a Comment