Thursday, April 30, 2009

"THE THINGS" I DO FOR RnR

415 Miles of driving, 3 cups of coffee (and I hate coffee), 1 bag of twizzlers (strawberry), 4 pints of water, 1 "freshcity" sandwich and 3 rest stops. The end result is those two "very used" Alden Stars you see on my car are now up at the Echo Rowing Dealer in the capable hands of Ted and Patrick to bring back to life as our two most recent additions to our growing fleet of sculls.
The roadtrip started 3:30 A.M. with a cross country tour of the Mass Pike, destination Albany N.Y. Finished 9.5hrs later up in Eliot, Me. Thing "1" and Thing "2" should be ready by our opening day and will be a welcome addition to those in the club who are looking for a different rowing experinece than the Echo provides. I'd write more but I'm exhausted.....JT

3 comments:

  1. Hats off to Capt. Jack!, and thank you for getting these two beauties ready for our opening day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks Capt Jack for always going the extra, 600 plus miles for us Rock & Rowers! I say we have a christening for these new lovely ladies prior to their re-maiden voyage off the coast of M'head. How about naming one Jaqua-lyn and Lady Sparrow after our fearless Capt Jack Sparrow? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Sweet, but I was thinking more on the lines of "Thing 1" and "Thing 2" as a tribute to Dr Seuss!!

    ReplyDelete