Thursday, July 29, 2010

THE CAPTN' ROWS ALONE

My e-mail for a 6:00 AM wake-up row was not met with much enthusiasm. A couple of "wish I could but".......................( feel free to fill in what ever reason that works). Then the e-mail from Pal telling us the RnR gangplank has met with disaster. (hopefully fixed by the weekend but in the meantime is usable through a "jury/jerry rigged solution).
So rowing alone, I ventured out onto the bay with a mindful eye out for juvie "Great Whites", Lobsta boats and the Salem Ferry. I had a good row, but not great. I find that being on the water has much more richness to it, when I'm able to enjoy it with someone else. That my fellow rockers is the ethos of our club. Rowing for it own sake, while very enjoyable, lacks the fellowship, comraderie and spiritual connection that is shared among a group. The moral of this story is that the summer days are getting shorter, the shadows from the trees longer and the need to row greater. Get out and row you peaceful warriors

No comments:

Post a Comment