Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday Socials/Rows

Our intrepid Cap'n Jack asked me to help make sure our Sunday rows are fun events (which they always are) and that we have the opportunity to get to know each other better. We hope to have some mix of coffee, juice/donuts/muffins/other goodies for each Sunday row. After speaking with him, I realized that Cap'n Jack was asking me for a Sunday version of what my Jewish tribe calls "Oneg Shabbat", the celebratory gathering after Sabbath services that usually invovles food, singing and socializing.

So, I'm looking for at least one person (more welcome!) to be in charge for each each Pirate's Revel starting with May 23, the Sunday after the Blessing of the Fleet. Not much required other than bringing the food and drink. But if you heve any other suggestions for Pirate's Revel, let me know.

Here are the Sundays through the end of August, please let me know any that you're willing to take charge of:

May 23, 30
June 6, 13, 20, 27
July 4, 11, 18, 25 [maybe no Sunday row July 4?]
August 1, 8, 15, 22, 29

2 comments:

  1. Fellow Tribesman
    Let us not forget that even the Jewish "Oneg" has the blessing of the "fruit of the vine". (For my gentile friend translate-wine!)Please put me down for June 20th (Fathers Day), where after a great Sunday Row, I will make available some of the best BLOODY MARY'S, RUM PUNCH AND BAR APPTS to start your day. Of course there will be other choices as well for those who wish not to imbibe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to step up, though my travel schedule makes it a bit tough to project a commitment that far into the future.

    ReplyDelete