Thursday, June 10, 2010

Rock and Row's Best Kept Secret

It's not me, but Emily Greten. And no it's not that she is pregnant either. It's her ability to coach. I had a 1 1/2 hour private lesson with her yesterday, and it's not getting any better than that. Learned a ton of stuff that I can practice and hopefully one day soon I will be able to row more efficient. I can then keep up with those who learn how to row in their youth when their bodies were limber and trainable (I wish). Of course in any sport or aspect of life somebody mean spirited person have come up with some kind of penalty if you are not able to do what is asked of you. In the military it's drop and do 20, and in rowing it's row in 1 foot chop with your oars square. And if you are anywhere close to do it, then you are told to close your eyes, Very frustrating, and something Emily handled with perfection. Maybe her lower center of gravity is keeping her boat more stable????

Looking forward to the next lesson, so look out you long timer rowers, the Viking might just catch you one day.

2 comments:

  1. Jon
    You're blog has convinced me to grab a lesson before I'm rowing in your wake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jon! Glad to have provided some help and me center of gravity is only getting lower. I have this feeling, too, I'm going to be eating your wake next summer.

    ReplyDelete