Monday, August 22, 2011

DRAMAMINE DAY

From Heather Cairns
Hi Jack-

Wanted to Blog after our row today but I must not be worthy...or can't figure out how to add a post.

It looked like hella rain was fore casted this morning but weather came early (5am) and cleared in time for us luxury 7am rowers. Karen P. showed up to row with me and Viv. I knew by the sound behind my house it was a big swell day. It was a Dramamine day.

Just outside the harbor, the heads, bodies and boats of Karen and Vivien disappeared in troughs. Karen is bad ass but she's also a newbie and this was her first big swell day. She's a trouper. I pulled a Frank and donned my stylish PFD because this was a rare and special occasion. Heading back from Mhead Rock was a quick surf and way too much fun...when I wasn't fearing for my life.

Karen really cut her teeth today. I hope she forgives us and comes with us again.

I'm grabbing the correct water craft for today: the surfboard. See you around low tide.

No comments:

Post a Comment