Sunday, July 17, 2011

BLACKBURN READY

I wasn't sure how this mornings row was going to go. I wanted one more large push before this coming Saturday's Blackburn and time was running thin. Just returned from a very quick NYC trip (seems like I spent more time in on the train than anywhere else). Left the dock at 6:00 to make sure I could fit in the seat time before it got too hot Winds began favorably along with the tides which made the decision to tackle Eggrock top of my list. After passing the Pigs on my port side plan "B" starting to formulate in my brain. Why push myself with the Southwest chop where I can make the turn back in Salem Bay. A sound plan which soon took shape as I passed outside Tinkers, MHD Rock, Children, Bakers, and of course the Miseries. But alas the chop finally found me on the Beverly side of bay. Added Great Haste to gain another mile and reached back at the dock 3 1/2 later with the Garmin telling me I just crossed over the 18.5 mile marker. The rest of the weeks routine will be eating well, stretching better and perhaps a small technical row. Coach Em has agreed to help me trim my vessel for optimum performance. But my next long row will be this Saturday and I'm ready for it!

1 comment:

  1. we think the "perfect distance" is somewhere above 3,000 nautical miles. :)

    http://oarnorthwest.com/

    ReplyDelete