Sunday, May 17, 2009

BLESSINGS TO ALL

The "Blessing of the Fleet" ended around an hour ago and I wanted to get off this article before I finished off the remainder of the Champange. So many things to be thankful for. I'm sure Thom V will follow up with some great pixs that were taken, but let me just say that it's great to be part of the energy this morning. We had a strong turn out including: Ted and Lorna from Echo (They are as much a member of this club as anyone), Carmi P. (Congrats again Carmi on your new Maas Aero. What a fabulous edition to the fleet and a sweet surprise from hubby.) Newbies including: Art C. (new member as of this week), Stephanie B (w/her husband and potential member Stephan and their great dog Beaulieu), Elaine D,and Jane S. (though not sure if she can really be considered a newbie b/c she did so a couple of trips last year.) The Board was all present and accounted for: Jay P, Terrie L, Paul M, Thomas V, Jean Verbridge (thanks for those wonderful stickie buns and yes I know we are running out of club money but hey are'nt there some checks left? and yours truly. You know we should be been in our "dressed white" like they do at the yacht clubs or at least our Pirate attire (perhaps next time). Rounding out the "motley crew"were Chris L, Maryellen A, Dee J, Scott O. Oh gosh, I hope I haven't forgotten anyone but the mimosa's are beginning to take effect. All cordinated by our club earth goddess Kathie M. I love your singing bowls, the circle around the shell, and your blessings bestowed upon us, our boats and all those who venture forth on the water. Thank so much Kathie and to the rest of group who made it this morning to share in the event. May I to add my blessings along to all for a healthy and wonderful rowing season-jack

Post script: BTW Just received a series of calls to help Steph and Elaine on the scheduling website for next Sundays row. Sounds like we're filling up fast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment