Monday, May 4, 2009

Breakfast at The Driftwood

Yesterday morning Kathie and I made our usual post row meander to The Driftwood for corned beef hash and poached eggs after a terrific row with Thomas and John. Sitting next to us was a young couple who struck up a conversation. Seems like we've been having lots of chance meetings like this lately out and about town.
As I ordered, Kathie says, "Go ahead, you rowed this morning."
Our new friend at the next table looked up and said, "Did you say rowed this morning, do you know about this rowing club here in Marblehead?"
To which I responded smartly, "Yes I do, in fact I'm a co founder."
"Oh, I thought I recognized you, you're the Rock n Row guys. You know, I rowed after college but since I moved to Marblehead I haven't rowed at all. I've been on your site, following you in the newspapers, I'd love to row again. "
I invited her to call and check out our boats, come to Opening Day and Learn to Row Day. Viral marketing at its best.
As my dear friend Jay once said, "BEST CLUB EVER!"

1 comment:

  1. Very cool when you hear news about the club. It seems that the Driftwood has provided this opportunity more than once

    ReplyDelete