Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Challenge to the End of the RnR Season Row/ Thanks for the Alden Demo Day

Eileen and I went out this morning and it was later than our usual, 7:00 or so. It was beautiful to start and we went against the wind to Tinkers. Then the wind started coming up. It was wild and turned around. We were pretty far apart and each worried about ever getting back. It took forever to pass the lighthouse and cross the mouth of the harbor. I have never been so thankful to get to the dock. Hopefully tomorrow will not be the same.

Thank you to everyone involved with setting up the Alden Demo Day. It was great to have a chance to try the different boats. I particularly liked the double. I have never been in a double before and it does present a challenge to keep pace together. At least those few strokes, when it worked, it felt wonderful. Maryellen set a good example for me to follow and I would love to learn to do this well. In addition to a selection of boats to demo, the Alden folks brought along a tasty selection of goodies which were much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment