Sunday, September 6, 2009

WE TRIED, BUT NO GO IN TODAYS WIND AND WAVES

Eileen and I were ready to go out for a very early morning row. At home the winds were calm and the sun was thinking about coming up. We got to the dock later than usual, the sun was just up. We noted that the dock had moved and the plank was at a serious angle. We tested it and it all seemed secure, so we got our gear and boats ready. This would have been my second time in the Alden Star, so I am still figuring out the best way to get in. Eileen and I decided that we would leave from the same side of the dock so that the wind was pushing the boat into the dock., otherwise the boat would be gone before we got out feet into the straps. Eileen got settled and took off. I got mostly in, but did not yet get the sliding seat under me. It was stuck and would not move. I was trying not to tip and yet pull and wiggle on the seat to get it in motion. Finally, it relased and I was set and pushed off. Just then, Eileen returned having already been out and back and warned that the waves were breaking over the boat and there was plenty of wateralready inside the boat. We reconsidered our plans and went back to the dock. We cleaned and carried the boats back to the racks.

Instead we went and had a lovely breakfast and coffee at Foodies. Oh well, we will try again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment