Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Bass-Ackwards to the Future

Great to be rowing in the mist this morning, though the Echo never quite felt right. After yesterday's pea-soup afternoon, Scott and I decided to stick close to land and headed out to Abbot rock (the Willows) and back. Returning to the dock, I confirmed what I had suspected by the first rounding of Peach's Point: When the new seat was installed in Orange #3 it was put in backwards. My guess is people have been rowing it that way for a couple weeks...should be fine now.

3 comments:

  1. I'm guilty as charged. Good job catching it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carlton:

    Are you sure you didn't hit your head or that you got your pony tail tangled in the oar lock. You see, first you have your letters in the wrong order. It's called Ass Backward. Second, I checked to boat and the seat is in the right directions. So the only explaination is that you must have been sitting the wrong way!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carlton,
    This is very good information. I have been rowing only the orange #3 boat and it was painful. I spoke to Lorna earlier today and asked her about gel seats and other such items. Then I got to read your blog. I am looking forward(lol) to more comfortable rowing in the future.

    ReplyDelete