Wednesday, August 12, 2009

BUSY DAY ON THE WATER FRONT (HOW COOL IS THAT!)

So Thomas and I decide to do a nice leisurely row this morning departing the dock around 6:30AM. Thomas rowing the Echo "Ace" and myself in the Alden Star. Now I know how Jon Hancke feels when he rows with me. My heart was beating around 150 while Thomas' was around 109. I know this because I was foolish enough to ask. So much for leisurely.
Half way into the bay... who did we spy but Eileen and Sarah, our early (an I mean early) morning team rounding the bend NE of Children's Island. We pulled up enough to take a couple of group photos (Thomas will have to get those on line) before seeing them depart back to the basin.
6+ miles later found us back at the dock only to see Carlton and Scott Smith about to start off on their adventure. Later this evening it's "Newbie" row with Stan and Gail.
Very nice to have so much activity taken place around the clubhouse
Way to go RnRowers.....

No comments:

Post a Comment