Tuesday, August 25, 2009

RIGHT DAY...WRONG SPORT?

It was a mill pond type of morning. Could the water be any flatter as I departed from the dock off Anchorage Lane? Haze was lifting off the Beverly side of the bay as the sun began to peak over the horizen behind Misery. The oars dipped silently as I made my way into Salem Sound.
It looked like a perfect setting for rising fish. Low light, flat seas and 2 hours into a falling tide.

I was not disappointed when bait fish soon started busting around the middle islands. Sea birds with keen eyes flocked from all directions and soon a blitz was in action. This scene repeated itself over and over again during the hour+ of my row. Ended up doing around 6.5 miles but I was left with a tugging sensation. Did I pick the wrong sport this morning? No worries. My next step is to rig a couple of fly rods and get back to the action tomorrow.

1 comment: