Wednesday, August 5, 2009

JON HANCKE'S FAMILY HOTEL?

I'm hanging out in Newport, RI this week with my lovely wife Debbie. Checking out mansions, enjoying the great weather, eating some fab food and looking out at the bay wondering why there are no salt water rowers out there (including me). Maybe next time I'll bring a scull but for the moment, I'm a "land bound" visitor to the area. Staying in a wonderful hotel that's located in a great spot just down the road from the mansions. Does it belong to the family of our beloved Viking RnR member? One never knows. After all is was his great forefathers who raided these coast long before Columbus got here. They even have some stone foundation around the corner from the hotel they claim is of Viking origin. I'll be home end of the week and hope to get back to my play ground on the water as soon as possilbe

No comments:

Post a Comment