Tuesday, June 9, 2009

BRAD GETS HIS FIRST "REAL TASTE" OF THE SALT

So Brad K, one of RnR's newest member (and soon to help out with newbie instructional rowing) was given his first taste of ocean rowing this morning when I took him out on a leisurely slog at 5:30 AM around MHD Rock and Childrens Island. Being used to flat water, and short rows, Brad was perhaps a little taken back by the NE breeze chopping up the bay. We did it all, headseas, quarterlies and beams from both sides and nice following rollers for the return trip home. Around 4.5-5miles I figure. The Aldens are not the best design for all the water coming our way and #7 definitely takes on it's fair share. However, we both made it back with smiles and an appreciation for "rowing the salt"

1 comment:

  1. Honestly didnt know what to really expect from this row. I was very excited to start this and thanks to Jack he made me feel comfortable rowing in this kind of water. Throughout the row he gave tips which helped me in the end. I can't wait to get back out there!

    ReplyDelete