Saturday, June 20, 2009

I Just Don't Get It!

You guys are talking about being in the zone and the joy of rowing. Well, I don’t see it like that, at least not yet. I just got done rowing one hour in Salem harbor, and all I have are popping blisters and a sore butt.

Well, it’s not all that bad. I was able to slow down keeping a heart beat around 150, which makes it a lot more pleasant than trying to go all out. And I didn’t loose much speed.

I guess the zone thing will come when my shape improves. So I will keep on plugging.

Jon

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Jon. Your experience is exactly what Jack and I were talking about a few seasons ago. My hands were so disgusting my colleagues at work didn't want to see them on Monday mornings. Jack's butt was so sore he sat on a pad in the boat. My back hurt and after a good row all I could do was eat and sleep. Your stories confirm my sense that as my technique improves I can go longer with less effort.
    Every time you share your heart rate it makes me nervous. Get to below 140 even if it seems like you are going nowhere. if you climb above 140, slow down. it will be excrutiating but will help you find a "zone" that works for you.

    ReplyDelete