Saturday, June 13, 2009

School Is in Session!

Over the past two days I began "Newbie" lessons for those new members that have joined the clubs. Friday I took at 2 people, Art Capstaff and Shelley Sloboder. Art has had only 2 hours in an Echo and seems to be getting the hang of things quickly as he just tinkered around the harbor going back and forth. As for Shelley she was almost doing full strokes by the time I helped her docked. Which was great because we were only out there for about an hour and a half. The rain let off as soon as everyone met me at the boathouse and actually started back up when we left which was amazing luck on our part. Today at 1030am I met up with Terrie to help out the father son duo of Will and Seth Pappas. Will took up the sport naturally as Terrie helped him get basics down. Seth has had prior experience behind an oar as he has rowed before when he was in college. Because of that Terrie wanted us to just get water time, Seth and I just rowed out to Childrens Island and then met up with Terrie and Will to have a row around the island which was a great work out. Conditions were perfect for this and this heightened everyones spirits. I hope to see everyone out on the water as soon as I come back from taking a few days off the water to go out of town. In the end I'm very proud on how far everyone has come in such a short time.

No comments:

Post a Comment