Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Hey Everyone!

I just wanted to do a follow up to what Jack said earlier today. It was a different experience for me doing open ocean rowing since I'm used to just rowing on a calm lake that is on campus. When Jack told me that we were going for a row this morning I was expecting more leisure just because it was my first time out, well I was wrong hahaha. Jack and I did roughly around 4.5 miles. Whenever my crew practiced up at school all we did was short and powerful rowing pieces so I'm not fully accustomed to taking it slow and methodical rowing I guess. The waves were the biggest challenge for me today I think, I would correct my course then all of a sudden out of no where a wave or two would turn me round and just screw me up. Overall I thought for myself it was a very successful row since I have not rowed since I was in Philadelphia for a regatta in the beginning of May and even then my partner and I only rowed a 1500 meter race. The only thing that I might change about todays row is that I think I should've taken out maybe one of the Echo's instead of the Alden Star just because at the end of the row the hull was filled with water and it was noticeable rowing back to the dock. In the end I just wanna say thanks to Jack for letting me come out with him this morning and hoping to row again with him when the weather clears up. Also I wanted to ask if anyones free on friday, the weather is looking nice in the mid 70's. If anyone wants to do either a morning row or an afternoon round after 1pm just email me at krivelowb@franklinpierce.edu. Hope to here from someone, Thanks again Jack!

2 comments:

  1. Brad,
    Welcome to RnR. Sounds like you got an appropriate introduction.
    I am a newbie and in dire need of pointers. Unfortunately, I will be traveling for the next few weeks, so it will be early July that I can hit the water with regularity.
    So please get used to the OOR and be ready to help me.
    Thanks for offering your time to the group. I look forward to working with you to become a sculler!
    Best,
    Art Capstaff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun traveling, when your back and ready to get on the water just send me an email and I see no problem in setting up lessons for you

    ReplyDelete