Wednesday, July 22, 2009

An Afternoon Row

Left the dock at Salem harbor at low tide. No water on the inner part of the harbor so I ventured towards the mouth of the harbor. I have only used my Wintech in flat water so I did not know how far I could go. No big deal, I was only looking for a short row anyway. In case I would flip the scull, I hugged the coast heading towards Brown Island. Before I knew it, I was closing in on Brown and that's when I saw the Newbie class rounding Gray Island.

I deceided to head out to greet them, praying I would not flip my scull in the process. It was great to see a class of about 4-5 "students" that only a few weeks ago was struggling on the inside of Brown Island. It's increadablt what great instructors like Jack and Paul and time on the water can do to some "Land Crabs".

Said my goodbyes, and headed back home. This short row ended up lasting 1.5 hours leaving 7.6 miles of the salt stuff behind me. Pretty increadable knowing that about 8 weeks ago I had a hard time doing 5 miles.

Happy Rowing Into the Zone and Beyond

No comments:

Post a Comment