Thursday, July 16, 2009

Forecast for Saturday

Hmmm...weather is looking dubious for my first attempt at the big BC:
Saturday
Showers with thunderstorms likely. Patchy fog in the morning. Cooler. Humid with highs in the lower 70s. East winds 5 to 10 mph...becoming north in the afternoon. Chance of rain 80 percent.

Coming off a 5 day meditation retreat, I'm working my intention for equanimity regardless of whether it's ultimately a go or no go for me on Saturday.  

My goal in doing the Blackburn is all about a process of shedding weight and getting into better shape.  It's been a great goal post and regardless of the weather beckoning me on or off for Saturday, I'm all for keeping on keeping on ... for there's nothing like rowing for supporting strength & wellness, not to mention the joy of being on the water!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect BB day to me. Cool skies, gentle breezes and flat ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep giving me that inspiration Jack and I'll rise above the f.e.a.r. ( fantasized expectations appearing real) factor for this BB newbie ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. M.E.
    As they say in New England, "if you don't like the weather wait a minute". I have heard some heavy stuff coming up but we are still 48 hours away. No worries till we have to

    ReplyDelete