Saturday, July 25, 2009

What a beautiful day

I spent most of the day cleaning my garages; - I just knew there was a motorcycle in there somewhere! I found it around 3 o’clock, and I was in the scull half hour later.

It was very high tide, which is heaven for power boaters who can ply on the inner part of Salem harbor. Sure makes for a tuff row. Found my way to the channel and ventured out to the mouth of the harbor. Unfortunately, the sea was too rough for my scull or should I say my ability in my scull, so I turned back to the inner harbor to battle with the jet skis and power boaters.

I always wonder if the teenage kids are going to see me while they are going full speed dragging a person behind them. (Am I getting that old?) Anyway, it was a pretty good row, a little over 6.5 miles.

Happy rowing into the Zone and beyond!

No comments:

Post a Comment