Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Are you ready to give it your all today?

So asked the parking lot attendant this morning, as I handed my crumpled three dollars through the window of his pickup truck, rain dripping off the overpass.
Was I?
Sometimes it's easy to answer: at the start of the Blackburn. Yes. I'm ready to give it my all. Walking into Bikram yoga. Yes, game on. Preparing for my tornado of a family to arrive for beach day. Yes, bring 'em on.
Sometimes it's not as easy: Dragging myself into the office at 6am after working a deadline past midnight. Rallying around an initiative that's already been postponed 4 times. Walking into yet another status meeting.
The parking lot attendant might have been psychic. He might of noticed I was missing my spring today. He might just be wiser than I'll ever be.
Today was a harder choice than Saturday. But I'm going to say Yes. I'm ready to give it my all today.

No comments:

Post a Comment