Monday, July 6, 2009

SUNDAY "NEWBIE" ROW

With the growing pains of so many new members who are just learning to row comes the inevitable frustrations of putting all the pieces together. This passed Sunday's instructional row wasn't RnR's finest hour. Between the wind, the boats using the dock, the crowd around the back of Brown's and lack of instructors, it was a tough go for all involved.

First my apologies to Terrie Leake about not keeping my promise to be one of the instructors that day. I have spoken to her privately, but want to express myself publicly about not helping out on the water. I promised her it would not happen again.

Second my thanks to Stephanie B., who came to the club's rescued by agreeing to stay behind and help teach the "newbies". I am grateful for her support and feel we are very fortunate to have her as a RnR member.

I did take the liberty to reach out to the ones who were given the lesson: Art Page, Eileen Perry, Sarah Simons and Bryn Clark. They all included that it was a wonderful time and learned a great deal despite the conditions presented.

Such is the lesson of perspective. I felt bad... while they felt good.

Next newbie row is 6:30PM this Wednesday. Terry I plan to be there and on the water
namaste-

No comments:

Post a Comment