Monday, July 27, 2009

JACK AND JON ARE IN "DOUBLE TROUBLE"

You think it easy being the "poster child" for all the RnR press we are getting in the paper these days? As the say... somebody has to do it. So Jon Hancke the best looking, tallest, blue eyed Norwegian member in the club has taken on the challenge to make sure he too can grab some of that star quality attraction. What's his plan you ask? Well sticking to me like glue for the Marblehead Great Race.
How crazy is this. When given the opportunity to drive his brand new Alden Star "Midnight Sun", Jon would rather take his chances with yours truly in "Double Trouble". Seen here is the before picture of our maiden voyage this past Sunday when we were still smiling and talking to each other. Those of you who have not yet had the opportunity to row with someone in RnR's "Beast of the Bay", are in for a real treat. Couple with the fact that I am too fast in the slide (Yes, Stephannie Jon agrees with your assessment) and you have all the ingredients for a very interesting 5 miles cruise. But cruise we did. And when we were able to put a few coordinated strokes together, the beast laid down a great wake behind us. To quote Jon, "It's a beautiful thing." We'll be at it again this Wednesday with Jon being in the power seat and me complaining that he is going too slow in the slide. I hope you get to see us at the race. If not look for us in of the Marblehead Reporter the following week. We'll be the ones towing the float that says "RocknRow for ever"

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful write up of me! I hope you will have such a touching release for the press as well. For all of you other RockNRowers going to the race, please re-direct the press to me should they approach you for a picture and a story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my official capacity I decree you, John Hanke, club spokesperson on Saturday!!!! Rock N Row !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul, now you got it. I want let you down!

    ReplyDelete