Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Flippin' Out

We had a great turnout tonight for the flip clinic! Art, Scott, Carlton, Chris, Terrie, Dee, Gail, and Sarah did a fantastic job braving the "chipper" water, donning life jackets while swimming, and flipping and re-entering their boats. Sheila came down to watch- she'll be a pro when it's her turn and once her back is better! Everyone flipped themselves at least twice. There was a lot of swimming going on, but luckily everyone was smiling when they got out. It was one of those nights I really wish I hadn't forgotten my camera.

We had a nice breeze blowing, but fortunately no one blew away. Double Trouble arrived just before we finished and Jon got the Maas out for his flipping adventures. He hit the nail on the head when he saild it's easier to fall out of than flip these boats. In fact, getting them over was almost harder than getting back in.

Congratulations to the newly flipped! Hopefully the only times you have to get back into your boats are the times you jump out. I'll plan to do another flip clinic soon for those that haven't yet (or those that just didn't get enough today). :-) Happy rowing!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you much for your expert instruction. We had a blast, and I'll feel a lot more confident on the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, I don't know how you do it, but the water was just the right temperature. Great clining. Now "I have fallen and I can get up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily
    I really what to thank you for taking the lead in making this happen. What a great thing you did for the club members who were able to attend. I hope the rest of us get the opportunity soon. Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Emily, your clinic sounds like a great adventure and from across the ocean I would like to sign up for the next session (hopefully after 8/10).

    ReplyDelete