Monday, July 20, 2009

ROCK N ROW SWEEPS AT GREAT RACE

Marblehead Reporter. August 6, 2009
Local rowing club Rock n Row dominated last weekend’s Rotary Club fundraiser. Club founders Jack Tatelman and Paul Mazonson raced to a photo finish for first place, only to be overcome in the last quarter mile by Norwegian John Hanke. Said Hanke at the finish line “Suddenly I was in The Zone… I picked up the pace to 29 spm as my heart rate leveled out to 130. I could see Charlie fading off my stern and I just knew I had to keep pulling. Next thing I knew I was crossing the finish.” Tatelman and Mazonson took 2nd and 3rd, respectively. Last year’s champion, Thomas Vogel, showed multiple talents, taking the top spot in the boat decoration contest and placing 2nd in the afternoon hot dog eating contest. All in all, 48 members of Rock n Row participated in the race, giving Rock n Row the single largest group entry ever in the Great Race. For more information, visit www.rotarygreatrace.com

3 comments:

  1. Love the way you think... That is except this Viking fella passing us by with some type of "zone bar"... or something

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete