Friday, July 17, 2009

BLACKBURN AWAITS US


It's about 7:45PM exactly 12 hours from now, if the weather conditons are favorable enough, 7 peaceful warriors from RocknRow will embark on a 20+ mile sojourn around Cape Ann. Thomas V, Maryellen S, Stephannie B, Jay and Carmi P, Paulie M and myself. Boats are secured on the caravan that departs MHD at 5:30 tomorrow. I have packed, checked and packed again all the assume essentials I will need to make this journey. Whistle, VHF Radio, GPS, waterproof chart, Fuel in sufficient amounts both liquid and solid. (I wonder if I should go through it again one more time.) Paul and I are veterans of 3 years, Jay of one. I have now rowed the course in my dreams for the past couple of nights. Eachtime bringing different challenges, as I dreamt my way around Cape Ann. I wonder what the others have been thinking. Thomas, Carmi, Maryellen and Stephanie. I lead them around the course last week by motorboat. By the end of the tour, they gained new respect and appreciation for what lies ahead of them. I travled to Rockport today to see the layout one more time by land, to give a blessing of an easy row to all the club members and to get a henna tattoo which had become a tradition set by Paul and myself during the 1st row. The symbol of the Turtle. It was my fathers favorite and it will ride upon my arm for the duration of the row keeping me company one stroke at a time. To my fellow peaceful warriors. Hopefully you catch this blog before the race. If so may G-d grace you with his spirit and blessings for a great adventure.
namaste-capt j

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to blog but somehow wasn't able to. I wish all of you the best of luck. I'm sure you will all be great! Its quite an accomplishment. My crazy summer thus far has barely given me the opportunity to get out there let alone train for such an amazing race. You are all truly inspiration for me for next year. Something to look forward to. For now, let me wish you all an easy row. I will pray for good weather for you. Go be amazing tomorrow and again GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy rowing into the Zone and beyond

    ReplyDelete