Sunday, July 5, 2009

What to do today?

I'm addicted to this rowing thing....woke this morning looking out to a clear sky. First focus is on the tree tops, how much motion in the treetops, how much wind?
Yesterday I rowed for three hours, thirteen miles of difficult conditions of every sort, cross currents, wind chop, headwinds so strong my oars were vibrating on the feather.
I tried hard to keep my heartrate below 135, succesful except in the headwind where I needed to pull hard just to gain a little on the next wave.
After three hours of solid effort I was pleased that I didn't have any pain, was appropriately exhausted, didn't feel like I needed to crawl into bed, and woke today eager to row again.
Which brings me to my morning dilemma, what am I gonna do today?
Option 1: get down to the clubhouse NOW and go out for another long row (10 plus miles) in similar conditions, forecast is 10-15 kts
Option 2: lay back till 8 and go out with the club.
HMM....what to do today?



2 comments:

  1. So the answer is??
    BTW I slep till 8:30 this morning. Who does that anymore??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul. It was great having you on board this morning. Who would have wanted to miss that experience. It's a different one every day, and the surprises are never the same.

    ReplyDelete